Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sweet Thankfulness


With yet another Thanksgiving just a day or so away, I've decided to sit and contemplate just what I am thankful for. Sure, there are all the usual and truly wonderful things that I'm thankful for everyday like my precious husband and our children, my family and loved ones, that all of our needs are met (and even exceeded, in this country!) like our home and belongings, our good health and vitality, even the food that will be on our table this Thanksgiving day, and most of all for the Supreme Savior who died and rose again for us all. I know, I could go on and on, but you get the general idea.

I'm thankful that I can make mistakes and still be forgiven. I'm thankful that I'm staring my 40th birthday right in the face, and I'm not nearly as screwed up as I used to be! I'm thankful that I can sing and praise the One who made me. I'm thankful that each moment can be a brand new, white-as-snow beginning for me.

The Lord loves us so lavishly. He wants each and every one of us to return to Him...there He is holding His arms open like a Daddy to a child. Run. Just run like you've never run before! With all the wild abandon and excitement and expectation you can muster!

I'm thankful that at any moment, I can run into those ever-loving, ever-waiting arms and be home and free at last, knowing that one Perfect day, I'll never be OUT of those arms again, but safely tucked inside them for Eternity!

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Sandra Lundy said...

What a beautiful post! I hope you have a wonderfully beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving!