Monday, November 10, 2008

Crazy, blessed days!


"This is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

It's Monday. Again.

As each new work week dawns (and the only reason I refer to it as a work week is because my precious husband has to go back off to work!) I try to have a better attitude about Monday. It's not so much that I dread Monday itself. I think I dread all of the expectations that each new Monday holds. I really would rather have my husband here at home with the kids and me all day, so that's the first bummer of Monday for me. I really would like to get my lazy body out of bed earlier to get in an invigorating work out. I really would like to have prepared a lesson plan for school with my kiddos rather than flying by the seat of my pants. I really would have liked to have finished the laundry over the weekend and had my meals planned out for the week.... you get the point.

There's a bit of comfortable familiarity to it all, though, and one thing I can always hold fast to is that my Precious Lord is in the midst of it all with me. In my weariness. In every season.
So no matter what, the one thing I am this Monday morning in the chaos of fussy, teething babies, mess-making toddlers, hormones, and preparations for lasagna dinner...is thankful and Eternally blessed!

No comments: