Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blessings...


I feel myself in a shower of blessings lately:

We're expecting our 5th child in February of 2010! (and so far, I feel GREAT!!)

I have a live audition/interview with Atlantic Records in New York City on Friday, 6/19/09!
(hopefully, I'll still be feeling GREAT on this day and will NOT be knee-deep in morning sickness!)

It's often tempting for me as a Christian to wonder if I've done something to "earn" blessings that the Lord delivers. It's also tempting for me to almost immediately begin to wonder when the "other shoe is going to drop" so to speak, and the blessing(s) is undone in that moment.
Both are quite dangerous to a person's faith; to MY faith. For a faith that is based on results, outcomes, expectations, or "what ifs" as I call them is really no faith at all. I must constantly remind myself that true faith just trusts no matter what is happening in life.

I return to the Lord's Word daily and remind myself of His promises to me. To all who Believe.
My salvation is not based on what I can do, earn, give, be, or anything else. My eternal security and love from God is based solely on the faith that I have in Jesus Christ and what He has done for me at Calvary.
When the Lord chooses to bless, it isn't because I've been some All-Star Christian Gal. He longs to bless us at all times! His Word proclaims this! This is where my faith comes in: whether I'm in a season of blessing or a season of grief, His plan is for my highest good. I don't have to "DO" anything but love, follow, trust, and proclaim His love to the world. He will bless me always. Even when I don't feel like I'm being blessed-I am!!

"May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace" Numbers 6:21

2 comments:

Sandra Lundy said...

Oh my....Congratulations on your newest blessing! How incredibly wonderful!

Sandra Lundy said...

Just wanted to drop by and say "hello," hope all is well.

{hugs!}